Monday, April 20, 2009

Mother Love

My mom had only one eye.I hated her.She was such an embarrassment.
She cooked for the students and teachers to support my family.
There was one day during elementary school my mom came to my school to say hello to me.
I was so embarrassed.How could she do this ?to me.I ignored her and threw her a hateful look and ran out.
The next day in my school one of my classmates said,"he he..your mom has only one eye".
I wanted to bury myself.I also wanted my mom to just disappear.
So i confronted her that day and said,"If you would like to give happiness in my life , just die".
My mom didn't respond..
I didn't even think about what i had said,because i was full of angry.
I wanted to out of that house,I didn't like to do anything with her.
So i studied hard and i got a chance to study my engineering in singapore.
I got married and i got two child.i bought a new house on my own.
I was happy with my family,my kids and the comforts.
Then one day my mother came to visit me.
She hadn't came to visit me in the past four years.She didn't even meet my kids also.
When she stood by the door ,my childrens laughed at her.I yelled at her for coming without invite from me.
Then i screamed at her "how dare you come to home and scare my child,GET OUT FROM HERE NOW".
And to this,my mom replied quietly,I'm so sorry.I have gotten the wrong address ".She disappeared out of sight.
One day a letter regarding my school reunion came to my house in singapore.
So i lied to my wife that i was going for business trip.After reunion i went to my native place where i born and grew up.
My neighbors said,she died.
I didn't shed a single tear.
They handed me a letter that my mom wanted to give it to me.
In that letter,
""My dear son i always think you all the time.I am sorry to came singapore and scared your child.I was so glad when i heard you were coming for school reunion.
But i may not be even get out of bed to see you.I am sorry that i am a constant embarrassment to you when you growing up.You see...when you were little you got an accident and lost your one eye.As a mother i couldn't stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. so i gave you mine.I was so proud of my son who seeing the whole world of me from my place.
With my love to you,
your mother...""

No comments:

Post a Comment